Thursday, January 26, 2012

new beginnings

I started to write a couple weeks ago, but wasn't really feeling it. Maybe because I was sick. Maybe because I haven't felt motivated. Or maybe I didn't feel that there was anything worth sharing. Whatever the case, it's now a new year, which means new beginnings.


We enjoyed 2011. A lot happened. The majority of it good. I can't even really think of anything bad. Toward the end of the year we were moving. It was really difficult saying 'good-bye,' but I wouldn't necessarily call it "bad." Just really difficult and emotional. It also found us trying to sell the house, me trying to get a job, having another nephew born, and celebrating holidays.


Now it's 2012. January has been good.


House officially sold.


Lifestyle change in progress which means choosing to eat healthier & work out more frequently.


Baby shower, ladies' progressive dinner, girls night out.


Hangin' with friends, letting our friendships develop and deepen.


I got a job. Starts with orientation on Monday.


It finally snowed a real snow in Wisconsin. But is already melting thanks to the bipolar weather. Panda still managed to find a clean, undisturbed patch to roll around in this morning.


There are many days I take Panda out and I'm in my pink plaid flannel pj pants. Tucked into my snow boots. At almost noon. And I don't care who sees me. 


I take her out late because we went to bed too late. And I'm just not ready to get out of bed on a day off.


So I may also let her get up on the bed on these mornings so she quits whining at me and goes back to sleep. For purely selfish reasons since I wouldn't allow this otherwise.


Don't judge.


Like I said, January has been good. And full...but not in the too busy sense. 






Life is good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment