Sunday, September 22, 2013

half

It's official...I've hit the halfway mark! I am 20 weeks today and can hardly believe that this baby is half cooked!

Some things about week 20:

Baby's size: 6.5 inches (10 inches from head to heel), or the size of a banana
Cravings: It's more like, "wow, I can eat almost anything again!" So happy that I have a lot more variety in my diet now. 
Maternity clothes: not yet, but I may have to break down and buy some maternity jeans soon.
Movement: flutters/rolling-type feelings more often. The ultrasound tech said that it may be taking longer to feel more since the placenta is anterior (sitting at the front of my belly) and baby has more to push through. 
Best moment this week: the "big" ultrasound! Even though we didn't find out the sex, it was amazing to see all the limbs, organs, heartbeat, and movement now that baby has grown even more. There was even some thumb sucking going on.
What I miss: Being able to button my jeans. And not having to get up during the night to pee.
What I am looking forward to: my 20 week appointment on Tuesday so I can hear from my OB about the official reading of the ultrasound. Also, getting the nursery done...gotta get on that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment