Sunday, September 1, 2013

On pregnancy

I am so incredibly grateful that we have been blessed with this baby growing inside of me. It's still so hard to wrap my head around the fact that something so miraculous is happening within my body.

I still worry (what mom doesn't), but I know it's not up to me.
It was a daily battle for me even before this pregnancy. Would I be able to get pregnant again? Would it take a long time? Would I be someone who has multiple miscarriages like others I had read about? All of these normal thoughts, I think, but I had to learn to not let them consume me.
Only God knows what will happen with this little one from the time he or she came into existence, and only He knows his or her future.

I am grateful for the now. I am grateful for every doctor appointment that lets us know things are okay at this moment. I am grateful for my slowly growing belly that tells me this little one is also growing.

With all that being said; do I love pregnancy? If I am completely honest, the answer is 'no.' Do I love that I'm pregnant? Yes. It's a strange thing, but it's true. I think because I still feel sick a lot is to blame, but I do love that I'm pregnant and that God has given us this amazing blessing.

Week: 17
Baby's size: about 5 inches, or the size of an onion or turnip
Cravings: Fruit, anything sour/tart (green olives, dill pickles, etc.), tomatoes with salt
Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but my jeans are getting a little tighter on my belly.
Movement: Nothing positive yet. I've felt a few quivers that could be, but still too early to tell for sure.
Best moment this week? Hearing baby's heartbeat at my 16 week appointment!
What I miss: Feeling good, energy
What I am looking forward to: Getting the nursery ready :)





No comments:

Post a Comment