Tuesday, October 25, 2011

people need other people

The pastor of the church we've been attending said this to me last week, and it stuck. Because it's true.

Being the new kids in town is always kinda tough. But I can honestly say, we've been blessed yet again in finding really good people. We were extremely blessed in PA with the friends/family we made so quickly and how deep those relationships were rooted from the very beginning.

Being in temporary living in Madison when we first arrived ended up being just that. And although we saw certain people on a somewhat regular basis, no one was willing to get too close because eventually, we were all going our separate ways. So for those first three or so weeks, we didn't start any lasting relationships.

Now we are in Janesville. Much more ideal given it is closer to Mark's job, yet still close enough to Madison to be able to enjoy it when we so choose. Here we found a more permanent home, and started visiting churches seriously seeking out a family to whom we could belong. Church number two, three visits later, and I can seriously say I am going to have some pretty awesome people in my life.

People really do need other people. We need people with whom to love, nurture, encourage, correct, hug, hurt, cry, rejoice, laugh, care for, & pray. And it's a two-way street. We are called by Jesus to love each other. I know there are times that I am selfish or detached, and I am feeling convicted to be more selfless & present & to really, truly love others. Hold me to it.

1 comment:

  1. Those are also similar to my sentiments. Thanks for reading! The best of all to you in PA!

    ReplyDelete